Anxiety is a common problem for many people. It’s a disorder characterized by constant worry and nervousness and is sometimes related to poor brain health. Medication is often required as treatment. Apart from medication, there are several things you can use to help reduce anxiety symptoms, from exercising to deep breathing. Additionally, there are some foods you can eat that may help lower the severity of your symptoms, mostly due to their brain-boosting properties.
Here are 6 science-backed foods and beverages that may provide anxiety relief.
Five foods help in reducing anxiety
1. Brazil Nut –Brazil nuts contain selenium, which may help to improve the mood of those persons who are suffering from Anxiety. Brazil nuts are rich in selenium. Selenium may improve the mood of the person by reducing inflammation problem, which is often at higher levels when someone has a type of mood disorders, such as anxiety. Selenium is also a type of antioxidant, which helps in preventing the damage of cells. It is also an anti-carcinogenic, which helps in preventing cancer from developing in the body.
Other nuts, animal products, and vegetables(such as mushrooms and soybeans), are an excellent source of selenium.
2. Fatty Fishes – The Fatty fishes, such as salmon, mackerel, sardines, trout, and herring, are high in the omega-3 protein. Omega-3 is a type of fatty acid that has a strong relationship between the cognitive function as well as some mental health.
However, in few researches which are currently practised, they have shown that if a person eats too much of another fatty acid, known with the name of omega-6, and not enough consumption of omega-3, in these type of cases there is the increased risk of developing mood disorders, such as anxiety.
It is suggested to eat at least two fatty fishes in a week. A study conducted on men found that the eating salmon three times a week reduced self-reported anxiety.
3. Dark Chocolate – Few researches have found that the dark chocolate may help in reducing the stress of daily life . Experts have long suspected that dark chocolate might help reduce stress and anxiety. In a study conducted in 2014 has been found that 40g of dark chocolate helped reduce perceived stress in females.
Some other studies have generally found that the dark chocolates or cocoa may improve the mood of the person suffering from anxiety. Some how it is still unclear that how dark chocolates reduces the stress and improve the mood, it is a rich source of polyphenols, especially flavonoids. One study have suggested that the flavonoids might reduce neuro inflammation and the death cells in the brain as well as improve the blood circulation.
Dark chocolate is also a good source of magnesium . Eating a diet with enough magnesium in it or taking the supplements may reduce symptoms of depression. When choosing dark chocolate for reducing anxiety , it aims for 70 percent or more. Dark chocolates still contains added sugars and fats, so a small serving of 1 to 3 grams is appropriate for eating in a single day.
4. Turmeric – Turmeric is commonly a type of spice used in Indian and South-East Asian countries for cooking purpose. The active ingredient present in turmeric is known as curcumin. Curcumin may help lower anxiety by reducing inflammation and oxidative stress that often increase in people experiencing mood disorders, such as anxiety and depression. A study conducted in 2015 had founded that curcumin reduces anxiety in the adults who are suffering from obesity. From another study it has been founded that an increase of curcumin in the diet also increases DHA and reduces anxiety. Turmeric is easy to add to meals. It has minimal flavour, so go with it in smoothies , curries , and casserole dishes.
5. Yogurt – Yogurt contains lot of healthful bacteria , such as Lactobaccilusand Bifidobacteria. There is emerging evidence that these bacteria and fermented products have positive effects on the health of the brain.
According to a recent clinical review, yoghurt and other dairy products may also produce an anti-inflammatory effect in the body. Some research suggests that chronic inflammation may be partly responsible for anxiety, stress, and depression. A 2015 researches found fermented foods reduced social anxiety in some young people, while few multiple studies have found consuming healthful bacteria increased happiness in some people.
Including yogurt and other fermented food in the diet can benefit the natural gut bacteria and may reduce anxiety and stress. Fermented foods include cheese, sauerkraut, kimchi, and fermented soy products.
As we all know that we should consume a balanced diet as it help in keeping our body and mind fit. As you all are taking a balanced diet to stay healthy. Foods are also very beneficial to your healthy as they may help in curing our diseases . Here are few foods which you need to take with our daily balanced diet to reduce your anxiety problem and if not suffering from such they will keep those diseases away from you. So , include these foods with your daily foods.
Eat healthy, and stay healthy.