QuickBooks is an accounting software that will help you to manage the books and accounts of your organisation. The software is so damn good that it will cover all the different aspects of accounting. QuickBooks Desktop software has been on the top since the time it got launched.
The reason behind it being a very successful software is the after-sales responses and services that they provide to their users are unmatchable. Talking about the features the software has the functionality to file taxes, the QuickBooks Payroll services and you can even reconcile QuickBooks Desktop software.
In this post, you will get to know more about how to unreconcile in QuickBooks Desktop software. So please give this post a very careful read, to understand the process of reconciling better.
Unreconcile in QuickBooks Online?
Don’t worry, If you’ve added a transaction to reconciliation unknowingly. To unreconcile in QuickBooks Online, you just need to follow the given steps that will help you to unreconcile in QuickBooks Online:
Step 1: Review your account
You may need to unreconcile the transaction because:
- You reconciled it wrongly, and it wasn’t visible on your bank statement.
- It’s matching to the wrong downloaded transaction in QuickBooks.
- It’s an error in the transaction that needs to be edited.
These are some problems because of which you consider reconciling in your QuickBooks Desktop software. But before you start it, you must read our next segment and then move on to the next step so that there is no scope of mistakes anymore.
Before you start editing any transaction, please ensure that you’re making the right changes. Verify the opening, beginning, and ending balances for the bank account, which is holding the transaction.
To fix these mistakes that you’ve made. You might need to fix:
- Fix opening balance issues in QuickBooks Online.
- Fix beginning balance issues in QuickBooks Online.
- Edit the particular transaction, and you’re reconciling in QuickBooks Online.
These are the possible mistakes that you may have done while reconciling, please verify with one of these. After you’ve confirmed your opening, beginning, and ending balances, go on to Step 2 to unreconcile.
Step 2: Unreconcile a transaction
If you want to edit the transaction that you’ve wrongly edited earlier and now you want to correct it follow the given means:
- Go to the Accounting menu. Then select Chart of Accounts.
- Find the account and select View register.
- Select the transaction you want to unreconcile.
- Review the check column. Please note that If any of the transaction is reconciled, an ‘R’ option will be there representing the Reconciliation done.
- Select the box and keep clicking it until that space is blank. This will help you to remove the transaction from the reconciliation.
- Select Save. Then close your register.
This is how you can unreconcile in QuickBooks Online. Please note that you can unreconcile any transaction only once so while doing an unreconciling please be very sure about the changes that you are going to make in your transaction.
In conclusion, QuickBooks is a software that will help you to manage any aspect of the accounting or bookkeeping, and that is one of the many reasons why the software is at the top spot since the time it got launched.
The software is fully loaded by the different features and functions that make your accounting so easy to work with. Talking about the various features and functions unreconciling a transaction that you’ve mistakenly reconcile is one of them.
The whole motive of this post is to educate you more about how to unreconcile in QuickBooks while you’ve mistakenly reconcile QuickBooks Desktop Software. Hope that you find this article informative and worth your time.