Do you wish to study in a nation like Australia? If yes, then apply for the Student Visa Subclass 500 right now. This particular visa lets you study a long-term course from Australia for 5 years or less depending on your course. Most of the overseas students who apply for this student visa are pursuing higher studies in Australia. Irrespective of your field of study you’re required to apply for the student visa 500 imperatively.
An introduction to the student visa 500
The Australian student visa 500 has come into effect from 1st July 2016. This visa has been designed for international students who wish to study a full-time course from an accredited academic institution. A simplified Student Visa Framework (SSVF) has been created to evaluate the applications for the student visa. The applicant will either be categorized as streamlined or regular. The assessment will be done chiefly based on two essential factors. These include the applicant’s country of passport and pertinent education provider.
Difference between regular and streamlined category
There are some basic differences between the streamlined and regular category of the student visa 500 subclass. In case the applicant falls under the streamlined category proving sufficient funds and English language competency are not required. Conversely, if the applicant is categorized as regular, then he/she must comply with the financial and English language requirements. Besides, as a regular applicant, the person also needs to meet the general criteria of the student visa 500.
Basic Eligibility Criteria
Every international student must meet the following fundamental requirements to obtain their student visa 500 effectively.
- The applicant must show adequate evidence of welfare arrangements if he/she is below 18 years.
- The applicant should at least be six years old and not less
- The applicant must be the holder of a valid Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). If not then the applicant must fall under a substantial exempt category and
- The applicant must have applied for a full-time course of study in Australia
Aside from meeting these requirements, the student must meet a couple of other requirements too. Obtaining your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) and writing your GTE statement etc. are some of them.
Other student visa eligibility requirements
A checklist of some of the other student visa 500 requirements has been outlined below for you to consider.
Apply for a course of study
You must apply for a full-time course of study and provide its evidence in your student visa application. So, make sure you’re able to provide any of the following proofs.
- Letter from Educator
- Letter of Support
- CoEs and Packaged Courses or
- Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE)
Remember that the CoEs should be given to the Australian Immigration Department before your visa gets granted.
Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE)
As an applicant, you must write a statement of Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE). More importantly, it’s better if you can write your GTE in English. A translated copy should be provided if it has been written in another language. Make sure that your GTE contains the following bits of information for sure.
- The economic fabric in your home country
- Your social, financial, and family ties in your home country
- Your present employment status
- The gap in your education if any and
- All the crucial pieces of information pertaining to your previous academic life. The duration of your study, the name of the education provider, and academic transcripts are some of them.
Character, health, and insurance requirements
According to the imperative character, insurance, and health requirements, the visa applicant must do the following.
- The applicant should meet all the pertinent character requirements.
- The applicant should qualify in a pertinent health examination before applying for the student visa 500 and
- The applicant should be the holder of substantial health insurance when staying in Australia. So, make sure you’re holding the Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) unless an exemption applies.
By meeting these requirements, you can apply for your student visa 500 as an eligible applicant.
Reasons why student visa 500 gets refused
There are various reasons for which the student visa might get refused all of a sudden. Some of these reasons can be considered below.
- If the documents are erroneous or incomplete
- If there are some wrongdoings in the past of the applicant
- If you are not holding a substantial Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC)
- If you haven’t made adequate welfare arrangements
- If you don’t have adequate funds to afford academic and living costs in Australia
- Failure to meet the GTE, English language and educational qualification requirements, etc.
In case your visa subclass 500 gets refused inside Australia, you’ve 21 days to appeal and lodge to the Migration-Review-Tribunal. Conversely, if your visa gets refused outside Australia, you can apply for the same or a similar visa anytime.
The cost of the student visa subclass
The cost of the student visa 500 is AUD620 for the primary applicant. Additional charges will be required for subsequent applicants who are applying along with. To get more details, please visit the official site of the Australian Immigration Department.
The processing time of the student visa 500
The processing time of the student visa 500 is not very long and is wrapped within a month. In certain circumstances, the processing time might become as long as three months. To streamline the processing time optimally, the Simplified Student Visa Framework (SSVF) has framed the following checklist:
- Higher Education Sector- 75% processing-17 days and 90% processing-32 days
- Vocational Education Sector-75% processing-36 days and 90% processing-52 days
- Independent ELICOS Sector-75% processing-23 days and 90% processing-38 days
- Postgraduate Research Sector-75% processing-39 days and 90% processing-77 days and
- Defense or Foreign Affairs- 75% processing-20 days and 90% processing-26 days
So, submit an error-free application to the Department of Home Affairs to ensure the fastest processing of your student visa.
Get the top immigration assistance in Perth!
So, do you wish to study in Australia with the student visa 500? The only way to do this impeccably is by hiring a Registered Migration Agent Perth Australia. Your immigration agent is aware of the various student visa subclass 500 conditions quite well. Subsequently, a Migration Agent Perth WA will assist you to apply for your student visa in accordance with these requirements.